- Our program schedule is now available. Browse the conference agenda to view all 2018 presentation times. Presenters can use the search field to find their time slot. Note that this schedule is preliminary and subject to change.
- Click here to register. A presenter for each accepted poster must register by Jan. 19, 2018; otherwise, the poster abstract will be removed from the IDEALS proceedings.
- View our Poster Presentation Guidelines for information on formatting and onsite presentation of your poster.
iConference poster sessions provide an opportunity for present and future thought-leaders to display and discuss their research with key members of the information field. We welcome submission of posters presenting new work, preliminary results and designs, or educational projects.
Initial submissions (due Sept. 18) may be up to 4 pages in length, following the Springer LNCS format. The LNCS format was adopted this year, and replaces our former template. Your first submission will be double-blind reviewed, so all author-identifying information should be excluded from this version.
The poster chairs will announce their decisions in mid-November based on reviews. Authors of accepted posters next submit a final abstract for inclusion in the conference’s official proceedings; this version should include author-identifying information. The posters proceedings will be permanently housed in the IDEALS open repository.
Finally, authors will produce their posters, and present them at two sessions during the iConference. Authors may design their presentation poster however they wish, so long as it fits within the available space (i.e. what the display space can accommodate). Poster dimensions will be announced at a later date.
- Submission: September 18, 2017
- Notification: mid-November, 2017
- Final versions for proceedings due: December 15, 2017
- Completed poster due: at iConference 2018
The following is a brief summary. Poster authors should also familiarize themselves with the detailed requirements and guidelines on our Author Instructions Page.
Submissions will be made using the ConfTool submission system. Submissions must be in English.
Author-identifying information must withheld from first submissions to facilitate blind review. This means do not include author names. Our submission system will associate your file with your account, so we will know the file is yours. But reviewers must not be able to see author information. If your work is accepted, you will add author name(s) to the final version.
All poster absracts must follow Springer’s prescribed LNCS format. Absracts can be up to 4 pages in length.
Submitters agree that if their work is accepted, at least one author will register during the Early Bird registration period, and present the poster at iConference 2018. We reserve the right to withhold publication there is no registered presenter.
Failure to adhere to the appropriate guidelines on our Author Instructions Page may result in the work not being reviewed, or not included in the proceedings.
Questions about posters submissions should be directed posters co-chairs listed above.
For general questions about the iConference, please contact iConference Coordinator Clark Heideger.