Call for Student Volunteers
iConference 2017, Wuhan, China, March 22-25, 2017
Click here for a pdf of this call.
- Oct 28th, 2016: Student volunteer application registration e-mail box begins to receive applications (email@example.com).
- November 30th, 2016: Deadline to register for volunteer application
- December 15th, 2016: Applicants will be informed of their acceptance or waitlist status
- January 8th, 2017: Deadline to confirm acceptance of SV position
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with iConference 2017! You are an essential part of this academic feast! To repay your valuable time and help, you will receive some benefits.
Please indicate your name, e-mail address, institution, major, any special qualifications, prior experience, or other facts that will be helpful in arranging the best experience for you.
- Complete volunteer work at the conference during March 22nd – March 25th, 2017. Volunteer tasks would be assigned to you in advance and may include but are not limited to helping at: registration desk, poster session, paper sessions, panels, SV office, etc.
- Attend the mandatory orientation session the evening before the conference, and follow the guidelines in the SV handbook and what we discuss in the orientation session.
- Free conference registration
- A super fashionable and exclusive iConference 2017 SV t-shirt
- Daily free lunches
- Great fellow SVs to work and network with
We want to create an environment for SVs in various stages to become part of the iSchool community. We hope that SVs can use this opportunity to build friendships and collaborations, and make the most out of being an SV.
(NOTE: Travel and lodging will NOT be provided for student volunteers. SVs will be responsible for acquiring their own travel funding and accommodations.)
Volunteers must be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students during the 2016-2017 academic year. All students, regardless of discipline, are encouraged to apply.
Student Volunteer Co-Chairs
- Hua Wang, School of Information Management, Wuhan University
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please DO NOT submit your application for student volunteer to this e-mail box. All applications for SV should be sent to email@example.com.)
- Lu An, School of Information Management, Wuhan University
If you need to communicate with us, please email both SV co-chairs and reply all on our correspondence to keep us both in the loop so we can better help you.